Massage Frequently Asked Questions
Massage Frequently Asked Questions
How can I schedule an appointment?
972-989-9317 (Farmers Branch)
What should I expect during my first massage therapy visit?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out the client information form. It is important to list all your health concerns, medications and any allergies that your therapist should be aware of. Massage therapists often use oil or lotion. If you are allergic to oils or lotions, tell your therapist beforehand.
Do I have to be completely undressed?
You should undress to your desired level of comfort. Most of our clients prefer to be completely undressed, while some prefer to keep their undergarments on. This is completely up to you. You will undress and dress in the privacy of your massage room and will be securely covered by a sheet during your massage session.
Do I have to cover myself with a sheet or towel?
Draping is required. You will be properly covered with a sheet at all times to keep you warm and comfortable. Please tell your therapist to turn on the heating mat if you feel cold. Our therapist will only uncover the part of your body that is being worked on. The private areas of both women and men will not be worked on or uncovered during the entirety of the massage session. Any form of sexual harassment will end the session immediately with no refund.
What do I do during a massage treatment?
Make yourself comfortable. Remember to breathe normally. Most clients close their eyes and relax completely during a session. Do not hesitate to ask your therapist to adjust the massage pressure or to focus on specific parts of your body. Your comfort matters to us.
Will I get a full 60 minutes of massage when I book an hour appointment?
Yes, you will receive the full amount treatment time. We start counting as soon as your therapist start working on you.
Do you have a shower area?
Yes, we have a walk-in standing shower. If you come right after work and prefer to shower before your massage session, you're welcome to use the shower. $10 extra fee will be applied to your session. We encourage all our clients always shower before your massage session. A shower not only will wash off chlorine, perspiration or environmental pollutants, but also help loosen up your muscles to help you receive more benefits from your massage treatment.
How often should I receive a massage?
For those use massage as preventative care to mange daily stress, one massage a month is common. Weekly sessions may be desirable if you are receiving massage for injury relief or to relieve chronic tightness that is interfering with your daily life. Most of our regular clients incorporate massage at least twice a month for optimal therapeutic relief.
Do you provide mobile massages?
Travel Massage Therapist $300 (2 hour session)
We provide chair massages in your offices, festivals, parties, company retreats, trade shows, golf tournaments, conferences..etc). It is the perfect way to treat your employees, guests and friends each with a 15-20 min massage sessions. Our therapist will mainly focus on the back, shoulders, neck, arms and head. Chair massage is designed to relieve muscular tensions and improve flexibility and increase your sense of well-being. Please call our office number for details. Thanks.
What does it mean to have a massage license?
A license massage therapist means that a person has met the requirements and paid fee to legally practice massage in your state. To obtain a license in TX, a massage therapist MT will have to complete a minimum 500 hours of training and 50 hours of hand-on massage at an accredited school and has to pass the state massage licensing exam.
Top reasons for getting a massage
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Ease symptoms of depression and improves mood
- Reduce muscle tension and pain in the lower back, shoulder, neck or other areas of the body
- Relieve tension headaches and help you sleep better
- Reduce depression and promote relaxation
- Help fibromyalgia pain and chronic neck pain
- Enhance exercise performance
- Increase the range of motion (promote flexibility and mobility)
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Reduce the pain of osteoarthritis and decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Decrease stress in cancer patients and reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
- Improve balance in older adults and temper effects of dementia
- Improve quality of life in hospice care
- Reduce edema (swelling of the ankles and feet) during pregnancy
- Reduce swelling after surgeries
- Prevent scar tissue building up after surgeries and shortens post-operation healing time
- Massage ensures better blood and oxygen flow and strengthens your immune system